Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hello, cowgirl in the sand

Admittedly I never stopped loving the 60's and 70's. Folk rock, James Taylor, high-waisted denim, wide-leg, turquoise, feathers in the hair loving hippie-at-heart. I love the sun, being laid-back, and sporatically sticking bits of foliage in my hair... if I had to choose one era of clothing to reach into the past and grab, the 60's and 70's would be it. My beautiful mama, why didn't you save those long slinky dresses and diaphanous silk blouses for your one-day-daughter (me) ? I forgive you, if only because I found this hand-made macrame vest a while back, and just the other day, a pair of high waisted vintage levi's denim shorts for $2.
Mix-in hand macramed vest- $9.99,Value village. high-waisted vintage Levi's denim short- $2, lost and found. 

Macrame I?

French Vogue covers cowgirl

Ippolita turquoise drop earrings, $1,095, netaporter.com

Kate Moss for TopShop macrame vest.
Sweet dreams and flying machines;
S.

No comments: